The PhD program in Nutritional and Metabolic Biology (NMB) is administered by Columbia University Medical Center's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS). Application information for the NMB program is also available on the GSAS website.
**The Fall 2024 application cycle is now open. The deadline for this cycle will be Friday, December 1st 2023 .**
- Students with master’s degrees or highly qualified baccalaureate degree holders are considered for admission to the doctoral program.
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and obtain a minimum score of 100 or a 7.5 for the IELTS.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) will no longer be required as of the Fall 2020 application cycle.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application.
- A $110 application fee can be paid by credit card at the time of application or subsequently via check (payable to Columbia University). Please do not send international postal coupons.
A personal interview will be offered to those whose applications are under active consideration.
For questions about the application process, please email GSASatPandS@columbia.edu or call 212-305-8058.
For more information about the NMB program, please e-mail PhD Program Coordinator, Zachary Corter.
For information on NMB faculty, please visit the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) site.